When you join a Family Network for the Maritime Coastal Defence Vessels (MCDV), you’ll receive important email updates on a deployment, information on social activities and get the opportunity to connect with others going through the same experience as part of HMCS Brandon, HMCS Edmonton, HMCS Nanaimo, HMCS Saskatoon, HMCS Whitehorse, or HMCS Yellowknife.
|Family Network Representative:||Jessica|
|Email:||Family Network Rep|
|Facebook Group:||Email your Rep to be added|
|Family Information Form:||English, French (PDF)|
|Deployment Support Book:||English, French (PDF)|
|Website:||Royal Canadian Navy|
|MCDVs on Social Media:||Edmonton on Twitter, Brandon on Twitter|
Do you have loved one deploying in 2018? We have several resources for you:
Updated Information – New Homecoming Time
HMCS EDMONTON and HMCS WHITEHORSE will now arrive in Esquimalt Harbour on Thursday May 3 at around 2:45pm. Families / Guests are to gather at small parking lot on the corner of Canteen Road and Esquimalt Road. (Parking will be reserved)
- First escorts will depart parking lot at 1:30pm
- Escorts will assist families from parking lot to Y Jetty on foot until all guests are on Dockyard
- HMCS WHITEHORSE will cross Duntze Head at 2:45pm followed by HMCS EDMONTON at 3pm.
- Please note that there will be no shuttle buses available to and from the jetty.
- A short medal ceremony will follow the Homecoming, loved ones are encouraged to attend and bring cameras.
Tips for Homecoming
- Dress warm, it’s always colder than you think on the Jerry (flat shoes recommended)
- No pets allowed in Dockyard
- Photo ID is required for all those over 13
- All families must be on the guest list
- Communicate with your member about who will be on the jetty
- You cannot walk onto the Dockyard unless escorted (escorts have been arranged by HMCS YELLOWKNIFE)
- Bring strollers