The Esquimalt MFRC is the easiest and most popular way to send mail or parcels to a deployed military member. This is a free service. The MFRC has free wrapping supplies for your use. Mail gets picked up at the MFRC by the Base Mail Office Monday to Friday.
In total, there are five options on sending morale mail to a deployed military member.
- Drop off at the Colwood Pacific Activity Centre or the Signal Hill MFRC
- Drop off at another MFRC in Canada (Search for my closest MFRC)
- Send through Canada Post with a customs form (note: you will have to pay for this service with the only exception being around Christmas time)
- Drop off at Base Mail Office (note: parts of Base might not be accessible to friends and family of military members)
- Drop off at another approved location (eg. 443 Squadron, Bay Street Armoury, Ashton Armoury)
Please note: If your military member is away on a course or imposed restriction (IR), you must mail your letters or parcels through Canada Post. Call the MFRC at 1-800-353-3329 if you need help finding a mail drop off location near you.
|Addresses for overseas operations||English, French|
|Care Package Idea List||English (PDF)|
|Postal Information for HMC Ships on Deployment||English and French (PDF)|
|Postal Information for Terra Firma Members on Deployment||English & French (PDF)|
443 Maritime Helicopter Squadron
Kittyhawk Road, Sidney, BC
Open 24 Hours
Bay Street Armoury
715 Bay Street, Victoria, BC
Brigadier D.R. Sargent Armoury
709 Nanaimo Lakes Rd, Nanaimo, BC
Open Wednesday evenings
LGen EC Ashton Armoury
724 Vanalman Avenue, Victoria, BC