Deployments happen frequently at CFB Esquimalt and that means that there are a lot of activities/workshops/groups that take place to support those experiencing a work-related separation. We could use your help providing childcare.
Become a vital part of a successful deployment by getting involved as a Family Network Volunteer. Have fun while making connections with your community. Enhance your group facilitation skills, provide information and support to your fellow military families while gaining experience with communications and organizing special events. Share your skills and knowledge. Interested? You will need approximately six hours per month. We need extra volunteers for all Family Networks to assist with activities, communications and planning.
We are currently seeking a primary Family Network representative for the following network:
- 443 Squadron
- HMCS Calgary
- MV Asterix
- HMCS Vancouver
Do you like to take photographs? Do you have a camera that you’d like to put to use? If you do, we’d like to use your talent and expertise to increase the number of photographs in our photo library. We will use your photographs in our printed materials and on our website. Some photographic projects:
- Formation Fun Day each September
- Volunteer Orientation and Training (occasionally, not every month)
- Sunday Information Sessions (occasionally, not every month)
- Victoria Royals’ CF Appreciation Night in November
- Pacific Women’s Day in November
- Naden Band Christmas Concerts each December
- Lil’ Sweetheart Dance in March
- Greater Victoria and CFB Esquimalt for our Welcome Book
Do you enjoy engaging with people and have friendly attitude? Do you pay attention to detail? Are you able to listen actively to a client in-person or on the phone? If you answered yes, we will be thrilled for you to join our front desk as a volunteer to help meet our community needs.
Special events are ongoing throughout the year and always in need of support from volunteers. Jobs vary from planning committees to set-up/tear-down crews to event photographers. Come learn about event planning and execution while enjoying the fun and camaraderie of these special events. Help is needed with:
- Naden Band Christmas Concerts (CD sales) each December
- Lil’ Sweetheart Dance
- Pacific Women’s Day
- Formation Fun Day
- Heroes Hockey Challenge
- Victoria Royals CF Appreciation Night in November