Construction of the new Macaulay Point Pump Station and Forcemain will be built as part of the Wastewater Treatment Project. The forcemain will pump wastewater directly to the McLoughlin Point Wastewater Treatment Plant for tertiary treatment. The pump station will continue to provide bypass pumping to the existing outfall during heavy rainfall or emergency events.
The contractor for this component of the Project, Kenaidan Contracting Ltd., will begin to mobilize the site in the coming weeks in preparation for construction. Construction is anticipated to begin late spring 2018 and is anticipated to be complete in summer 2020. The waterfront trail will remain open during construction and operations.
What to Expect
Early works are anticipated to commence late April 2018 and will generally include the following activities:
- Installation of site offices.
- Setup of erosion and sediment controls.
- Establishing the laydown area and the temporary construction power feed.
- Demolition of the existing workshop.
- 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
- 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday
- Traffic impacts are expected to be minimal during early works as the majority of work will be conducted on the existing Macaulay Point Pump Station site, and in the laydown area, which is located within the field between Vaughan Street and Munro Street.
- Truck traffic to and from the site will follow the Traffic Management Plan approved through the Township of Esquimalt.
- Additional notifications will be provided prior to work on the forcemain if work is required within the local roadways.