Expectant parents at CFB Esquimalt can receive this free “Welcoming to Baby” box from the Military Family Resource Centre.
There are just a few quick steps.
- Sign up for an account at Baby Box University.
- Answer a few preliminary questions.
- Select “British Columbia” from the BabyBox University Syllabuses.
- Spend 15-20 minutes on the “Intro to Parenthood 101” course.
- After a short quiz, you will receive a certificate of completion.
- Print the certificate or take a screenshot of the certificate.
- To receive your box, drop by the MFRC at the Colwood Pacific Activity Centre or Signal Hill with your certificate and military ID or military family ID card.
Note: there will computers and printers at each MFRC location for you to complete the course on-site and print your certificate.
Designed to promote safe sleeping, each baby box comes with a mattress and the box can be used as a bed for use by newborns. You will also receive samples of diapers, wipes, nursing pads and other freebies. The MFRC also includes resources with the package such as a developmental toy, details on programs and activities, tips on parenting in the military lifestyle, an emergency child care plan, magnets for important resources, and information on breastfeeding and safe sleeping habits.