Return to top

Employment Info

If you need help finding a job, the MFRC refers families to community agencies in the Greater Victoria community. Please follow the steps listed below for information about local employment agencies and services. If you have questions along the way, please contact us.

Step 1

Locate the WorkBC Employment Service Centre for your community:

Step 3

Explore all your options. Be sure to check out the MFRC’s Job Links page.

Useful Resources

The Integrated Relocation Project (IRP) reimburses the cost of some expenses related to the job search of the military spouse/partner when relocating in a new community. Contact the IRP office to obtain further details about the expenses that you can claim.

Employment Insurance
Service Canada

Persons with Disabilities
Contact the Family Navigator program at the MFRC for help navigating systems.
Recommended Link: Victoria Disability Resource Centre

English as a Second Language
Contact the MFRC to register for English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.
Recommended Links: Société francophone de VictoriaVictoria Immigrant & Refugee Centre Society

Military-Spouse Friendly Employers
These Military Spouse-Friendly Employer Partners are different than typical employers because they have been educated in the value of hiring military spouses.

Job Search Tips

Share this page: