We realize that joining a Board of Directors involves great responsibility and can be a big decision. Our Board is here to support, orient, and train you so that your experience will be a positive one.
The Esquimalt MFRC is currently recruiting volunteers to sit on their Board of Directors. As a member of the Board, a Director is a trustee for the community and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization. The MFRC Board of Directors is the legal authority for the MFRC and is responsible to the Military Community. Members of the Board provide guidance, support and direction to the MFRC Executive Director to set overall policy and establish the long-term goals of the MFRC.
Requirements of MFRC Board membership include:
- A commitment to the work of the MFRC
- A commitment to set board policies in keeping with our mission and vision
- An understanding that the Board offers general direction and support to the Executive Director
- A commitment to participate in fundraising activities
- Attendance of Board members at monthly meetings and the Annual General meeting
- Attendance and support of MFRC special events
- Community liaison and networking
- An understanding of the confidentiality of all Board business
- Ability to commit 6-10 hours per month
The Board meets on a monthly basis on the last Thursday evening of each month. All volunteers are required to undergo a Police Record Check as part of the volunteer screening process.
This process is as follows:
- Complete a Volunteer Application form and submit to the Board of Directors
- Attend a Board Orientation training session
- Attend a monthly Board Meeting as an observer
- Be interviewed by the Executive Committee
If you are not interested in committing to being a board member but would like to be involved, you may want to consider joining a board committee such as:
- Board Development
- Public Relations
- Fund Development
- Policy and Procedures
- Long Term Planning
If you are interested in joining the Board of Directors, or would just like more information on the MFRC Board of Directors, please contact the Chairperson.