When you join the Family Network for 443 Squadron, you’ll receive important email updates on deployments, information on social activities and get the opportunity to connect with others going through the same experience. If your loved one deploys on an air detachment as part of a ship, we suggest that you join the ship’s family network.
|Family Network Representative:||Trista|
|Email:||Family Network Rep|
|Facebook Group:||443 Squadron Family Network|
|Family Information Form:||English, French (PDF)|
|Deployment Support Book:||English, French (PDF)|
|Unit Website:||443 Squadron|
A few members wanted to establish a COVID-19 Squadron Support Network with the aim of assisting members and their families who may be self-isolating in accordance with the Chief of Defence Staff’s direction and public health authority orders.
- Supporters are members who are healthy and able to pick up essential items for members in isolation. If you would like to help out by assisting fellow members, please fill out the Google form.
- Supporters will be identified by area and their information will be made available in the private Facebook group dedicated to COVID-19 support for our members. Moreover, supporters’ contact information will be provided to MFRC so that the organization can assist if they receive any requests on their end of similar nature.
- Those in need of support are encouraged to join the Facebook group ‘COVID-19 Squadron Support Network to easily connect with supporters in their area.
- If you are not on Facebook and would like to request a supporter to do essential errands for you, you can contact Sandra Pinard at the MFRC for a supporter in your area.
Please note that this support network is meant only for current 443 members and their families. This includes those who may be deployed or on course with their families residing in the Greater Victoria & Cowichan area. Please be advised that it is at the supporter’s discretion to assist others who are not included in the network so long as they follow the directed social distancing measures. Our members’ health and safety are of utmost importance to us all so the more supporters available, the better; more supporters will lessen trips and possible exposure greatly.
Farewell HMCS REGINA, HMCS WINNIPEG, BRONCO and REBEL
HMCS Regina, HMCS Winnipeg along with Cyclone Helicopters BRONCO and REBEL will be sailing and flying past Victoria and Esquimalt Lagoon on Thursday Aug 6th between 4:30 and 5:30pm. Main viewing points will be:
- Clover Point (approx. 4:45pm)
- Ogden Point (approx. 5:00pm)
- Saxe Point (approx. 5:05pm)
- Esquimalt Lagoon (approx. 5:15pm)
You are encouraged to come witness this unique sail and fly past. The MFRC will be at the Esquimalt Lagoon (located in Colwood) to wave her off. The MFRC will have an information tent set up on the washroom end of the lagoon with information, light treats and helpful staff. Feel free to pop by and say hello! A friendly reminder to social distance during this activity
Bon vent, bonne mer NCSM REGINA, NCSM WINNIPEG, BRONCO et REBEL
NCSM Regina, NCSM WINNIPEG accompagné de Hélicoptères Cyclones BRONCO et Rebel, navigueront et voleront devant Victoria et la Lagune D’Esquimalt le Jeudi 6 d’Août entre 16 h 30 et 17 h 30. Les principaux points de vue seront :
- Clover Point (approx. 16 h 45)
- Ogden Point (approx. 17 h )
- Saxe Point (approx. 17 h 05)
- Lagune d’Esquimalt (approx. 17 h 15)
Tu es encouragé d’observer cette voile et défilé aérien unique. Le CRFM sera au Lagune d’Esquimalt (situé a Colwood) pour la saluer. Le CRFM aura une tente d’information près des toilettes. Le personnel serviable sera disponible avec de informations et des friandises. N’hésitez pas à passer pour dire bonjour! Un rappel pour respecter la distance sociale lors de cette activité.
Here are some photos from 443 Squadron of the Cyclone Helicopter.