As you adjust to your “new normal” routine at home, it is importance to reflect and consider what activities and engagements contributed to your overall mental, emotional and spiritual wellness. As your reality shifts, it is imperative to prioritize your wellness throughout this potentially stressful and uncertain time.
Most local wellness businesses that you engaged with in the past including yoga studios, meditation groups and fitness programs have adapted to provide online offerings, we would encourage you to check out their website and social media accounts for information on how to continue to access services.
In addition, there are a variety of online apps to support mindfulness and meditation including:
- Headspace (iOS and Android)
- Calm (iOS and Android)
- Insight Timer (iOS and Android)
- 10% Happier (iOS and Android)
There are also a few web-based resources that we recommend:
- If you are looking for a daily dose of free meditation and Q&A with meditation teachers, check out the 10% Happier Coronavirus Sanity Guide Live Sessions.
- The Centre for Mindful Self-Compassion offers free guided meditations and exercises.
- Tara Brach offers free recorded guided meditations, her recent posts relate directly to the COVID-19 pandemic.